19-06-2016 - Zurich - On the sense of organized societies

I am going home.
My itinerary dictated I spend 11 laying over Zurich with the company of the readers guide of Deleuze and Guattari's A Thousand Plateaus.
Both philosophers introduced the term rhizome, "any rhizomatic element has the potential to connect to other element [...] the challenge for the rhizome is to find an adequate outside with which to assemble in heterogeneity, rather than a world to reproduce".


Out of the airport, I had 11 hours to explore Zurich. I took the wrong train, the supervisor told me. I need to get off the train, pay an extra ticket and go back to Zurich central station. The supervisor also advised, I stamped the ticket on the opposite side and that was considered illegal. I told him I was a foreigner, I've never been in Zurich and I just want to move on. He ignored my reasoning and asked to leave the train. He also told, looking to an app in the smartphone I had 17 precise minutes to catch the next train. For someone that's been in the last couple of months in Africa, which there are no rules, this was to much to me, even considering I am an European Citizen.


It  was raining when I arrived to the central station and I though my stay was over. I bough an umbrella with the Swiss flag and as I stepped into the street, the rain stopped.


As I explored the city, I noticed everything was quiet, lagging energy. Where is everyone? If I was in Cape Town, even with a low temperature, at 09 am I had trouble of finding a table available to drink an espresso.


Organized societies are the opposite of rhizomatic nature of self equalizing environments, all the rules, all the self orientation procedures, makes us safe and part of an evolved world, makes us want to be part of it, but I felt much more set me free walking with no direction, sitting to drink a Weiss beer, loosely disconnected, than making part of the Swiss collective.



Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

BPMN can bring death to your process data

Layoff

QOSTA